Welcome to the brand new, Indian & Cowboy.
Today, our transition from podcast network to Indigenous media platform is about half way realized.
Our entire platform will officially launch on Saturday July 1st, 2017. Happy birthday, Canada. For the next 150 years, Indigenous voices will be supported, centred and amplified via our member supported network.
We’ve rebuilt our website from the ground up. We have made our content the star of the show. We have custom built our podcast audio player. We have bolstered our team. We have deep and meaningful community partnerships. The podcasts aren’t going anywhere, in fact, we’re launching a pilot pitch contest today and we’re looking to bring 2 new shows onto the network by the end of 2017. Also, by the end of 2017, you’re going to be able to watch web series’, pilots, live streams and other worldclass Indigenous video content.
So what’s changed?
We have created a company that takes best practices and industry breaking models to create an Indigenous media company that has never existed before. We are just getting started. Stay tuned.
Here’s what you can expect from Indian & Cowboy going forward:
- A better supported PODCAST network – we have bolstered our team & found partners that care about audio, community and storytelling as much as we did when we first started the website.
- New podcasts are coming to the network – we’re currently working with a handful of producers AND are running a pitch contest until June 1st, 2017. Our winning podcast team will be announced on July 1st, 2017 during our platform relaunch;
- In our THINK section, we are going to be commissioning opinions, articles and columns from emerging writers in Indian Country; say hello to our Editor, Tara Williamson. Our pitch process opens today. Talk to us.
- Our PREMIUM PLATFORM will include original web series’ that are exclusive to our premium platform, pilots, exclusive live streams, videos, short audio/video documentary and more.
- Our NEWSLETTER is taking centre stage. Commentary and critique, pontifications and opinion – this isn’t your ordinary newsletter – this is a unique and dynamic new voice on Turtle Island that is NOT to be missed. JOIN TODAY!
- We are planning LIVE EVENT programming this Fall. Indian & Cowboy is coming to your neck of the woods – join the newsletter to learn more.
SO MANY PEOPLE TO THANK
It’s taken a lot to get here today. We want to thank all of our podcasters, this experiment was a walk through the dark for all of us. We want to thank our partners, thanks for seeing the potential and the futures that Indigenous stories give us all. We want to acknowledge our new team members, check out the team we’ve assembled to bring this company to the next phase of its development.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US TODAY
You can support us by joining our monthly paid subscriber plan – hit our DONATE page to learn about what we offer to our paid subscribers and learn more about what you might expect from Indian & Cowboy come July 1st, 2017. You should also join our NEWSLETTER to get all of our updates to keep up to date with us.